Monday, May 2, 2011

Date Night at the Drive-in

the big screen at the brazos

Anyone that knows me at all knows that I love almost anything vintage. And I always have. Ask my mother. With that in mind, you know I jumped at the chance to go to the Brazos Drive-in Theatre, especially after groupon offered a great deal. If you live anywhere near the DFW area, I highly recommend trekking it out to Granbury and catching a movie at the Brazos! What a treat. Everything is authentic, original and makes for a really fun night. It's one of the few drive-ins left across the country and has been in business since the 50s! Love it. They show current movies, have a cute concession stand and you can bring your own little picnic. Really, you need to check it out for yourselves. I'm sure we'll go back this summer.

As I've said before, this spring has been crazy busy. In mostly the best of ways mind you, just busy! I think we purchased the groupon back in January or February and barely fit it in last weekend, the weekend that it expired! It worked out perfectly, although the wind was in-sane. We invited our friends Kelly and Robert and brought our own little picnic. On the menu: sandwiches from Central Market, quinoa and sweet tea ice box tart. YUM. We also had flavored popcorn for a snack. (I chose key lime and Justin got garlic parmesan)! We had a fun night in spite of the ridiculous winds and Justin's chair breaking. Okay, it was actually my chair that broke, but it was already broken. Justin sweetly offered to sit in it until it finally sank into the ground. Ha! Always something with us...Yay for fun date nights, good friends and good food!


the Paclebs


us

and again, just the long shot

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Oh man, the best way to go to the drive-in is with lots of blankets and cars in the back of your SUV! That's the coziest. :-) P.S. Love Justin's stripes and plaid! Crazy kid... ;-P