Friday, October 26, 2012

The big one


I celebrated a very big birthday on Tuesday. You can guess how old I am now. I'm not telling. Just know it was one of those milestone birthdays. I had sincerely hoped that it would float by with not much attention. Truly. I'm not a big fan of my birthday. I think it stems from starting school a year early and always being a year younger than everyone in my class. It took me a long time to realize that being younger is a good thing, but I'm still not fond of my birthday.

This year was actually quite nice. Go figure, people spoiling you and making you feel loved all day isn't so bad after all.

My sweet dad texted me this Monday night. My parents are no strangers to my birthday blues.


My cute husband got up extra early and brought me Chick Fil A for breakfast, which I ate in bed, in my pjs. Bliss.


I came to work to find my office decorated rather loudly. Decorations courtesy of my male bosses I might add.

 
My in laws sent me beautiful flowers that are still blooming in my office.
 
 
All of this and I was completely spoiled by my friends. Stacey and Kelly surprised me at our last sprinkles night with 30 gifts for turning the big 3-0. (So much for not telling my age). My family drove all the way to downtown Fort Worth to eat at one of my favorite spots for dinner, not to mention spoiled me again with a million wonderful gifts. (Notice the trend? Spoiled). So, maybe I'm learning that getting older isn't such a bad thing after all. Maybe.

No comments: