Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A letter to my mom


Dear Mom,

Thank you for helping me plan the wedding of my dreams. Thank you for finding a way to make my day special (and keep dad happy too ;). Thank you for painting 150 chargers. For helping hand-sew our burlap and lace table runners. For "babysitting" our wood chips as you call them. For allowing me to make my own choices even if you weren't the biggest fan. (Ahem, baby's breath, burlap, "catholic" candles, s'mores bar, chalkboards, etc.) Thank you for bearing the burdens and stress of the day when things didn't go according to plan. Thank you for taking me all over creation to find my perfect wedding shoes. Thank you for cutting a layer out of your veil so I could wear it on my special day. I love that I wore your veil for the ceremony.

More importantly, thank you for being such a strong example of what it looks like to be a Christian wife. Like I said at our rehearsal dinner, I am so, so thankful to have such a legacy of love and Christian marriage in our family. I know how rare that is these days. So thank you. For everything.

Love,

Ashleigh




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, how sweet is this. I am always so proud of my strong-willed, beautiful, and smart daughter. I am so glad the wedding was as beautiful as you imagined and you will always treasure the memories of the day. I love you, Mom

Becca said...

How sweet!