Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday Night Lights - College Edition


Well, I think I've seen it all. Football-wise that is.

I grew up in a football-loving household and have turned into a football-loving adult. I remember going to a Cowboys Super Bowl watching party with my parents and watching most of the game with the adults instead of playing with the other kids. I even remember searching with all my might to try and spot my parents on tv the year they went to the Super Bowl in Arizona. I was fortunate enough to enjoy two state championship football games in high school, one my freshman year and one my junior year. (Go Grapevine Mustangs)! Yup, I've seen a lot of football games. A lot of good football games. However none of these games compare to what I had the pleasure of witnessing first-hand last Friday night.

I'm sure you've heard by now. Baylor beat TCU 50-48 in a thriller. It's an instant classic as ESPN has proclaimed it. We could not have picked a better year to be season ticket holders. I look forward to the rest of the season sitting next to some of my closest friends watching my favorite team and my favorite player of all-time.

Due to the game being held on Friday night, we took off a little early and headed south. I wanted to make it to the March of the Bears, which is basically a receiving line for the team before pre-game warm ups. Justin was a really good sport and I love him for it.

Here are a few shots that I got before, during and after the game.

that's RGII in the center. I. Love. Him.

tailgating with my faves

me and my favorite horned frog. (I'm standing on a bench, hence the extra height ;)

before our meltdown in the fourth quarter. still nervous at this point.

clinton and nat

brad and jae

celebrating the victory!

No comments: