Monday, September 26, 2011

Spicy Pork Tenderloin

J and I love our meals with a little kick. Justin takes it to the extreme (my taste buds are a tad wimpier), but we share a mutual adoration for all things spicy. It came as no surprise that this recipe was a huge success for last night's supper. Mmmm. Spicy, but not too crazy, with a hint of sweetness and lots of flavor. I cooked mine in the oven because I don't have a grill. I know, it's a hard life. I also added a dash of cayenne pepper and cut the brown sugar by one cup. I even had the leftovers for lunch today. Anyone that knows me knows it must have been good. I typically don't do leftovers. So, without further adieu, here's the recipe:

Chipotle Crusted Pork Tenderloin Recipe
  via

Ingredients

  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 3 tablespoons chipotle chile powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 4 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 (3/4 pound) pork tenderloins

Directions

  1. Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
  2. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the onion powder, garlic powder, chipotle chile powder, salt, and brown sugar. Place tenderloins in bag and shake, coating meat evenly. Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes.
  3. Lightly oil grill grate, and arrange meat on grate. Cook for 20 minutes, turning meat every 5 minutes. Remove from grill, let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
 

1 comment:

Lake&Navy said...

Yes! We loooove pork tenderloin. When you get your dutch oven you will discover a million wonderful recipes. I haven't ventured to the grill yet (I like my pork WELL done) :)