Friday, November 9, 2012

Reality


Are you tired of wedding photos yet? I'm not. In fact, I could pour over them for hours if I had the time. And didn't have a job for that matter. I love reliving that day. I love what it meant. I loved that our closest friends and family got to share those moments with us. The reality though, is that it's not about striving for the perfect wedding (ours wasn't anyway), but striving for a solid marriage. And that's what we're striving for everyday. We're learning that marriage isn't always perfect, pretty or glamorous. (Yup, I thought once those bands were on our fingers that life would be something like that).



Although marriage is work, it's the most gratifying type of work and worth it in so many ways. The reality is that marriage is so much more wonderful than we could have imagined. Those bands on our fingers mean more to us than we thought they would when we picked them out months ago. With just 70 days of experience under our belts, we're certainly no marriage experts. It's something we're learning more and more about everyday. And I'm so thankful to have a partner for life to walk beside and learn with everyday.

No comments: