Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Outtakes

We took our engagement photos just a few weeks ago. St. Patricks Day to be exact. It was definitely one of our most favorite days in recent memory, even if it didn't get off to the best start. We're just giddy with excitement. And let's be honest, spending two hours nuzzling up to my man isn't a bad way to spend a day no matter what the circumstances.

The whole process of being engaged is so surreal. I've mentioned several times before that I wasn't sure I would ever get married. I just thought that maybe that wasn't what the Lord had in store for me. I'm so glad that being single forever wasn't the plan, and Justin and I have known we were going to get married for a while, but the fact that we are engaged still hasn't sunken in. I'm just so stinkin' happy.

Anyway, getting engaged can sure make a girl feel special. Lots of attention, oohing and ahhing over the ring and sweet notes of congratulatory wishes. And we haven't truly even begun all of the really fun stuff. Except for our engagement shoot. That was really fun, as I just mentioned and what was supposed to be the subject of this post. Rabbit trail alert. Back to what I was saying. Engagement shoots are fun, but they aren't always as glamorous and lovey dovey as one might think. As I thought. We definitely had lovey dovey moments and even a few where we completely forgot that Melissa was even there, but there were lots of hilarious and sometimes awkward moments too. I'm too vain to post the "outtakes" on facebook, but some of them were too funny not to share. Before I post them, I should note that these are a product of me just not being able to pull off the serious look and blinking more than the average person. For all of these outtakes we have a million that we love. I just know to stick to my "realtor smile" as my brother calls it, from now on. So, for my mom, sister and anyone else who reads my blog, enjoy.

getting used to the camera clicking

one of the first shots. i think we look like we are at a highschool dance ;)

trying to pull off the sweet closed eyes shot = fail

the shot isn't an outtake, but justin said he felt homeless when were shooting here. still makes me laugh.

blink!




And...

drum roll, please.

I present to you my personal favorite, and what makes me laugh out loud at myself every time i see it...






ta-da! wow. i look like i have bells palsy (no offense coach mulkey). i so wish i could pull off the sexy look, because j sure can. sigh...

4 comments:

Kinsey Weegar said...

I am laughing out loud at your comments! Bells palsy, homeless people, high school dance! Hilarious! I do love all of the "real" pictures you posted tonight!

Anonymous said...

I agree with the homeless comment, too funny mom

Tamara Schlyper said...

This totally made my day! And kudos to you for showing the outtakes. Kinda makes me want to do the same because there were some real winners there...lol! Thanks for the laugh :)

Becca said...

YOU CRACK ME UP!!! I am laughing outloud! Bryan and I were not able to pull off the serious-sexy pictures either! I loved this post...can't wait to show Bryan.