Friday, October 21, 2011

A Texas-Sized Tradition




Mom and dad took us "kids" to the Texas State Fair a few weeks ago and we had the best time. This is a tradition for my family and one of many that I cherish! Justin has come to love this tradition too. We both had it on our calendars for months! At the fair we do pretty much everything there is to do - minus the rides - too dangerous ;) As I recall, we started going when Alf was on the air and Ronald Reagan was President. (Anyone remember Alf? That was one of our favorites). We haven't missed many fairs since then, if any. I remember scheduling my fall trip home when I was in college around the fair! Ha. Anyway, we had a great time as usual. Thank you mom and dad for making our childhoods so special and continuing that into adulthood! We love it and both of you!

me in my gameday gear with my fried s'more

j in his gameday gear with his buttered corn

i helped dad with his traditional belgian waffle too

us!

can't leave without a pic of Big Tex!

Wondering how all of the fried food affected my 29 X 29 challenge? I'll tell you next week ;)

No comments: