Friday, October 28, 2011

Drumroll please...

Now cue the sound of cymbals clanging. Or crickets. I am sad to report that I did not meet my 29X29 goal. I made it halfway. I lost 15.5 pounds before my 29th birthday. I'm sure I erased that .5 with all of the cake I consumed last weekend, so it's probably an even 15 at this point. Ha. While I didn't make my goal, I'm definitely not stopping. I am now back to what I would call my normal size, so I'm not sad. I just have a bit loftier goals now.

I know I could have reached my goal if I had been a bit more disciplined, but I had a fantastic summer, so no regrets here. I'm back into my skinny jeans, so I count that as a win. More to come.

Here's a sort of before and after. Brace yourselves. The photo on the left was taken last year at the Baylor vs TCU game and the photo on the right was taken at this year's game. Read: photo on the left was me 21 pounds heavier. Ick. I lost a few pounds last spring, so I didn't start my 29X29 quite as heavy as last fall, and I've lost a few more pounds since September when this photo was taken, but to me this shows a nice positive change. For the record, I was at my all-time heaviest last fall/winter. I have no idea why, but I'd like to think it was just simply being in love...

 

2010

2011

and here's one taken last Saturday night

No comments: