Monday, August 8, 2011

Beating the Heat

Justin and I spent the last few days attempting to beat the heat with my family. We joined my family for a few days of fun in the sun at Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels and had the best time! We were the last to arrive on Thursday night since both of our work schedules have been too crazy to allow for several days off in a row! One day, one day.

My parents rented the cutest little house directly across from the park, so all we had to do was walk across to enjoy the cooool spring water and fun rides. We did have a short drive to the newer part of the park, but staying on the property allowed us to go early, park close and beat the crowds. It was perfect! Keira loved all of the attention and could ride most of the rides with us, so I think it's safe to say she had a great time. We didn't get a lot of pictures, or at least I didn't, but our days pretty much looked the same: get up, eat breakfast, put on bathing suit, lather up, go to the park, swim, ride rides, float, head back for lunch, nap, re-apply sunscreen, go back out to the park, grill out for dinner, shower, relax, bed. Repeat. We had a great time! And, for the record, it is surprisingly cooler four hours south of Dallas. We loved the 70 degree temperatures in the morning, and hanging out in cold spring water in the afternoons felt pretty good too. Thanks for a fun trip mom and dad!

Keira (with her life jacket on backwards) showing off her ruffley bottom ;)
uncle adam and aunt ashy with keira on day one

i loved her little hat.

play time with justin after lunch one day

cutey in her little bikini

"cheeeese" eating dinner with daddy on the porch

dad grilling up a yummy dinner

justin helped too. aren't they cute posing?

us ready for the last day. note - this is in the front yard, directly across from the park!

*authors note: I am aware that I have become obsessed with instagram. I love it. I can't help it. I'll do better at using my real camera. At least I'll try.

2 comments:

Becca said...

What an awesome (close to home) vacation! I just told Bryan we have got to do that one summer. :) So fun!

Anonymous said...

I am glad ya'll had fun, we had a wonderful time with everyone too!
Mom