Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Anyone home?

I am. After 10 days and six states. Or was it eight days? It's hard to keep track, but I'm home. I'm climbing out from the mountain of laundry, voicemails, facebook messages and paperwork on my desk. Not that I'm that important, just slow at getting back in the groove. I was in NYC for a few days and then Maryland at FEMA's headquarters for emergency management training. It was wonderful, intense and tiring. And fulfilling. I loved the experience and the much cooler temperatures, but there's no place like home.

I'll post all of my photos and anecdotes once I get through that laundry pile. Until then, here's a snapshot.

we saw the sites

and ate a lot

then it was work, work, work

and a little bit of fun. (that's me with General Robert E. Lee and the Mrs.)

Until next time, ashleigh

No comments: