Monday, June 13, 2011

Crashed and Burned.

First off, God is sweet. It is often when I think I am pushed to my limit that I recognize this, and for that I'm thankful. Even in the midst of something awful, God is there and He is faithful. What a relief!

Speaking of awful somethings, I came in contact with one. Literally. Last Thursday to be specific. I was invited to speak at a conference in Frisco that afternoon. Something I was honored to be asked to do and looking forward to. I left work early to pick up lunch, let Avery out and head up north. You always replay the shoulda-coulda-wouldas right? As I was driving to the house to let Avery out, a car suddenly swerved into my lane, hitting me and causing me to bump the person waiting to turn left. It happened so suddenly and before I knew what was happening the awful something driver was escaping! As in going 100 miles an hour to evade me. The lady that I hit thought I was trying to escape her even after I put my flashers on, called the police and did my best to try and at least get a license place. I was unsuccessful. UGH. I've been replaying that scene over and over in my head. I can't even believe that it happened to me. And to add salt to the wound, I had just had my car detailed, appraised and was ready to list it to SELL last weekend. As in a day after the accident. Instead of listing it I spent Friday on the phone with my insurance agent and at the auto body shop. The [insert bad word here] driver did $2100 worth of damage. It could've been much worse though. Much worse. Of course I missed the presentation, was a little traumatized and spent way too many hours thinking I should've caught the guy or I shouldn't have gone to get lunch. But do you know that right as all of that was happening I got a text from one of my dearest friends that she got a new job?! One that is hard to come by these days and one we have been praying for? Yes, friends I did. Something so wonderful that made me smile. The next day another close friend came by my office and left me cupcakes while I was at the dealership. That night Justin and I had the best relaxing time at Concerts in the Gardens with my parents. Saturday night I got to see more of my nearest and dearest friends as we cheered on my bestie at her dance recital. As in the recital for the studio she owns. So proud! And then yesterday at church my favorite pastor who doesn't preach often preached. And it spoke right to me. About courage. And forgiveness. And trusting God. And as if all of that wasn't enough the DALLAS MAVERICKS are NBAchampions? What?!

Tonight I am rejoicing over all of the wonderful things going on in my life. I am way too un-deserving of them. Seriously. I am not going to let a little accident ruin my week. Life is good people. PTL.

No comments: