Wednesday, August 1, 2012

One Month

In exactly one month I will be getting ready to walk down the aisle and marry the man that my heart was made to love. The one person I love more than anyone else on this earth. My partner, my soul mate. I can't believe it's almost here. Clearly we're excited. We're so ready to finally be married. All that being said, we're cherishing this time together. Being engaged has been a sweet, sweet time for us. We are in a marriage mentoring program through our church and are paired with an adorable, wise couple who have been married for 45 years. Talk about wisdom. We meet with them weekly and it is absolutely one of our favorite things each week. In between the last minute details, purchases, trial hair runs, hour-long calls with the wedding planner and not eating carbs, it's a nice pause to reflect on what this is all really about: our marriage and our life together.

I'm a giant bundle of nerves, emotion and, if I'm being honest, a little tension. I apologize in advance if I'm snippy. The countdown to the wedding + staying up crazy late to watch the Olympics has not been a good combo for me. It's all worth it though.

I'll meet you guys here in 30 days. I'll be the one in the white dress. Probably crying.

1 comment:

Bethe said...

Yea! I remember that crazy last month before my wedding - take time to rest amidst all the craziness. And just think... in one month and one day you'll be sitting on the beach with your groom! Blessings!