Thursday, December 8, 2011

Festive


I think I inherited the festive decorating gene from my mother. I put something (most of the time a lot of things) out for nearly every "holiday." I don't, however, go to near the lengths that my mom does. (31 Christmas trees anyone)? I do enjoy feeling festive, though, especially at Christmas. This is my fifth Christmas in my house and the first that I don't have a scheduled dinner party or event to host. It's kind of sad and kind of nice. I have a few friends coming over here and there, but nothing big. Because of that I didn't feel quite the pressure to put everything Christmas I've ever owned out, instead, just my favorites. Speaking of favorites, here's a little peak at my favorite room in the house: my sun room. I kept it simple. Those sprigs are fresh and smell delicious and the pine cones are from our camping trip to Arkansas last year. The sun room tree (yup, I've got two) is decorated with only vintage ornaments, most of them from my parent's first tree. L-O-V-E. Glad tidings friends!


No comments: