We officially hit the halfway mark last week (PTL!), and I've been humming that Bon Jovi song ever since. Some days I really do feel like I'm livin' on a prayer, but I am happy to report that I am feeling better. At least on the nausea front. I have since acquired nasty heartburn that no TUMS chewable can conquer, joint pain that brought on my early waddle and acne. Plus a few other unpleasant symptoms not made for blog mentioning. All of that to say, we're so ready for pregnancy to be over and to meet our baby! And we really do feel so fortunate to be experiencing all of this and for this incredible gift we've been given. The process just hasn't been as ideal as I had over-romanticized it would be in my head. (Story of my life).
Anyway, here are a few answers to questions we get asked pretty often:
- Do you know what you're having?
- No. We decided to keep it a surprise! The suspense is hard, but we're excited for that surprise sometime late spring.
- Do you have any names picked out?
- Sadly, no. We're working on it though. We are at pretty opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to names, so we'll see what happens. Stay tuned.
- What colors are you doing the nursery if you don't know the sex of the baby?
- White! We had already chosen that scheme anyway, so it really doesn't have much to do with boy or girl. We just wanted something fresh and airy and, well, neutral. We will accent with a few things once baby is here that will reflect a more feminine or masculine feel depending on what we have!
- Are you going back to work?
- Yes! I love my job and my career and I can't imagine leaving it right now.