Friday, May 10, 2013

A few things

TGIF friends! We've had a great week and are gearing up for a little mini road trip to the thriving metropolis of Wichita Falls, TX. Yup. We're going to see my cousin graduate from college! So hard to believe. Time flies as they say. Anyway, here are a couple of miscellaneous things going on in the Johnson household lately.

First, I have to brag on Justin. He sent me a box of chocolate covered strawberries from Avery for Mother's Day. Really? He continues to surprise in the sweetest ways.


He may be sweet, but he's also handy. We're currently in the middle of a little kitchen remodel. I wanted to hire it out, but Justin insisted on doing it himself and he's doing a great job. We'll (and be we I mean HE) finish up the back splash this weekend and start painting next weekend. I am NOT looking forward to painting over our red kitchen. Not because I'm going to miss the color, but simply because it's going to be a bear to cover. I am excited to see the final product. Here's the progression so far:





Looking good, huh? I'm so thankful that I married handy. It's a bonus that he's also sweet and thoughtful. And cute. Oh so cute.

No comments: